I have to say I started using bookmarklets only a few months ago, but since then they've saved me a lot of time and certainly hundreds of clicks. Now, what exactly is a bookmarklet? In plain English, it could be defined as a small application stored as a bookmark on your web browser. When clicked, a bookmarklet can perform a variety of actions, usually involving the website you're currently visiting and the service the bookmarklet is linked to.
There are literally dozens of bookmarklets available on the Web. Most online tools, web apps and social networks nowadays include a bookmarklet to make them easier and faster to use. I've created a list with the most popular and useful bookmarklets I've come across, but feel free to add more in comments!
- Convert any web page to PDF with PDFmyURL
- Make web pages more comfortable to read
- Share videos, links and music on Facebook
- Add anything you see online to your Amazon Wishlist
- Share interesting links more easily on Delicious
- Create a printer-friendly version of any web page
- Send any web content to your Kindle in one click
- Locate an address on Google Maps right away