- James Thornton |
- December 13, 2007
Ever wished you could capture movies and turn them into still images? Well, don't worry because now you can thanks to Avidemux, a freeware program designed for cutting, filtering and encoding video. It supports all the major movie formats, including AVI, DVD-compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF.
Using the software you can take scenes from a film and export clips as JPEG files. You might wonder what the benefit of doing this is, but I've devised a series of creative ways to use the program that are perfect for passing time on rainy winter nights:
- Design your own T-shirts - Why not print out some stills of your favourite movie scenes and immortalise them on a T-shirt or sweatshirt?
- Personalised Top Trumps - Impress your family this Christmas by making a customised set of Top Trump cards using shots of famous movie characters.
- Build a home-made film projector - Chop up a series of consecutive frames from a film then paste them around the inside of a spinning drum to create your own zoetrope for playing films.
- Create a film website - Cut images using Avidemux then use them online to dissect a film and comment on the different scenes.
- Make a cool movie poster - Decorate your bedroom with a cool poster taken from a film. If you really want to make your mates jealous then why not rasterbate it?