- Elena Santos |
- January 3, 2008
The beginning of a new year implies a series of things: going back to work after the holiday, making resolutions and of course, buying a new calendar. But before you run off to your nearest stationer's, take a look at this easy tutorial where we show you how to make your own personal calendar. It's cheaper, funnier and the calendar can be created exactly the way you want it. All you need is your computer and TXeke Kalender.
1. When you launch the program for the first time - and every time you want to create a new calendar - you'll need to create a new file and give it a name.
2. Then select the type of calendar you want. As you see, TKexe Kalender includes several options with different month layouts. In this tutorial we'll pick the monthly calendar.
3. Choose the size of the calendar according to the type of paper you'll use to print it. Simply select Match print size to paper size and click on Recommended sizes to choose the paper size (A4 in this case).
4. Adjust number of pages. Here you can optionally add a cover to your calendar.
5. Select the template you want for your calendar. Don't worry if you don't like any of them – you'll be able to edit it later on.
6. Now that your calendar is created, it's time to add your personal touch. Double click on any element and change it any way you want. Background color, photo, text font and size... everything can be customized. One small tip: don't forget to tick the Apply to all pages option if you want to apply a certain setting to the whole calendar.
7. You can also add official holidays and other special days (birthdays, anniversaries) to the calendar by clicking on Settings > Public Holidays or Settings > Special Days respectively.
8. Before finishing your calendar, you can save it as a template for future use. Click on Extras > Save calendar page as template to do so.
9. Once you're happy with your calendar, go ahead and print it! Add some paper clips or staples and hang it on a visible place at home. You can also save it as an image file.