- Cyril Roger |
- June 29, 2007
MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV, Ogg....the list of audio formats is endless. Every now and then though, you'll need to convert your track to another format, just to be able to play it on such or such MP3 player.
The best solution in this case is to install a converter. If this type of application is good you'll barely lose any sound quality. The difficult thing though is actually finding the converter that you need. We've patched up a list of 10 audio converters that Softonic users consider worthy of recognition:
- SoundTaxi - Converts DRM protected sound files to unprotected formats.
- Free MP3 WMA Converter - This application is known to convert extremely quickly.
- Switch - Converts up to 32,000 files without eating up your CPU.
- dBpowerAMP Music Converter - Rips your CDs, normalizes your audio, edits your tags and converts all at once.
- Xilisoft Audio Converter - Converts video formats to audio formats. Handy when you want the soundtrack or dialogues from a movie.
- Power MP3 WMA Converter - Fast converter with low quality loss. We also appreciate that it can rip CDs into any format automatically.
- MP3 WAV WMA Converter - Handy for batch converting audio files.
- Monkey's Audio - Compresses audio to its very own lossless format.
- MP3 Coder - Convert your audio files to MP3 without any loss of quality or bitrate.
- Easy RM to MP3 Converter - Capture and convert Real Media to MP3.