- Nick Mead |
- December 13, 2007
One of the biggest problems I find with software is that it gets outdated very quickly. The best programs come bundled with automatic updaters that automatically update the program when I new version is released by the developers. The worst are those that have no automatic notifiers, no link to an update page, and once you've found it, require you to uninstall an application and then reinstall it again. Here are 5 essential tools that will make your life a lot easier when it comes to keeping your software in synch with the latest releases.
- iTunes Library Updater - Constantly synchronises your music with the iTunes database
- UpdateStar - Updates all the software installed on your PC where supported
- TrueUpdate - Create automatic software patches for your programs
- FTPUpdateSearcher - Scans specified FTP sites for software updates
- ActiSetup - Create your own installers with automatic updaters