Paintbrush is top download for Mac on Softonic this week and even though that’s a bit of a surprise considering all the great programs you can find out there, it goes to show that drawing applications remain popular for Mac users. You can use them to sketch up things for work, as a fun tool for your kids or simply for your own enjoyment. We decided to select the top drawings applications on Mac and let you know what makes each one different from the other. Please let us know if there’s any one we missed or if in particular that you really like.
- DrawIt – Select from one of the multiple templates available and learn how to use tools like Bezier or masks. DrawIt includes up to 40 image filters and all sorts of brushes.
- iDraw – Very intuitive, this application is great to draw up designs or animations. It offers up many shapes and editing tools like scaling, tapering or bulging.
- Intaglio – A simple drawing tool for beginners which builds on the 2D graphics and scripting capabilities of Mac OS X.
- Paintbrush – Basically a clone of Microsoft Paint for Mac, it’s easy to use and great for kids to learn how to draw.
- ArtRage – A cool sketching tool that makes your screen feel and look just like a canvas.
- Lineform – Winner of the 2006 Apple Design Award, this is a beautifully designed tool to create diagrams and illustrations.
- ZeusDraw – Vector drawing at its best with a smooth interface and a great number of brushes to choose from.