In this era where every waking moment of your life seems to be captured on a digital camera, it’s a good idea to sort yourself out with a graphics editor in order to ensure that your images are in immaculate condition. There are plenty of software tools around that allow you to tweak your pictures to make them clearer, sharper and generally more lifelike than the original shot.
Aside from functioning as merely a photo optimisation tool, many graphics app are designed to get your creative juices flowing, allowing you to produce digital works of art without you needing to be an expert. Adobe’s Photoshop has been the leader of the pack for some time, but the program has now spawned a series of worthy clones that you can pick up much cheaper, or even for free. Here we round up Softonic’s top ten graphic editing packages to help you make your photographs all the more memorable.
1. Adobe Photoshop CS2 – Professional desktop imaging
2. ArcSoft PhotoImpression – Blends powerful photo editing with project templates
3. Adobe Photoshop Elements – Perfect, transform, organize, and share your photos like a pro
4. Ulead PhotoImpact – Complete digital imaging package
5. The GIMP – Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting
6. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite – One of the most complete graphic editing tools
7. Paint Shop Pro X – Complete graphics editor for all levels of ability
8. Photobie – Image editor that supports layer and has a range of filters
9. Saint Paint Studio – Complete paint package for creating and editing images or animations
10. PixBuilder Studio – Graphics editor with many functions and tools