In view of the fact that Yahoo have announced they’ve reached a deal to insert adverts into Adobe’s PDF reader, I thought I’d give you 5 solid alternatives that you can use. There are many good reasons to not use Adobe Reader anyway, not least that it’s terribly bloated with plug-ins and extensions that take an age to load before you actually see the PDF document. This latest announcement will surely mean that things are set to get even slower and so there’s never been a better time to try these.
- Foxit Reader – Super lightweight and effective PDF reader
- Perfect PDF Reader – Stylish and easy to use, save your PDFs in text or images
- PDF2Word – Bypass the PDF format completely and read it in Word
- PDF-XChange Viewer – Allows you to read and export PDF files
- Sumatra PDF – Small, fast and lightweight PDF reader