Windows Explorer doesn’t exactly provide much scope for analysing and delving deeper into the details of your hard drive. For example, it’s not easy to see which folders are the biggest on your hard drive, which files are taking up the most space and how much space your operating system is occupying. Fortunately, there are several tools out there that can help you see in an instant, what is what on your hard drive without even touching Explorer. These can help you do various things from identifying which files that are taking up too much space on your disk drive to which ones are obsolete.
- OverDisk – Graphically display your hard drive partitions
- Scanner – View hard drive usage on a pie chart
- TreeSize – Find which files are consuming the most disk space
- JDiskReport – Graphically display data in chronological order
- FolderInfo – Analyse folder usage and export the results to text text or HTML