You probably downloaded Daemon Tools Lite for a specific task, such as burning your own CDs or creating a virtual disk on your computer. But now that you’ve got it, you might as well take advantage of all the other features and functions it packs because it’s actually a quite powerful utility to have. When you open Daemon Tools Lite, you’ll notice a lot of tabs, each of which have important different functions. Here’s what you can use those for.:
The Images Tab
The Images tab is the most frequently used and function-packed. It features an entire collection of all of the different types of files you can use with Daemon Tools Lite. These allow you to scan your computer for images and add the images it finds to Daemon Tools Lite as soon as you start the program up. Then, all of these images are saved automatically into a special catalog. If you opt not to do this, you can tell it to do so by going to the Preferences window and looking for the General tab. Un-select this option there.
When you first open Daemon Tools Lite, the Images tab is selected by default. Once you select an image in the Images tab, you can then do a number of different tasks, such as mount to a DT or SCSI device. In the top right-hand corner of the Images tab, you will find a small toolbar. Using that toolbar, you can manually add new images, search for images on your computer, or hunt for a file in your images collection.
The General Tab
Within the Preferences window, you’ll find several more tabs to work with, including the General tab, Integration tab, Confirmations tab, Custom Folders tab, and the Connection tab. The General tab is where you will find a number of options, including:
• Use Tray Agent – This activates an icon within the task bar that gives you the ability to perform a few basic tasks without having to open the main program window in Daemon Tools Lite. For example, you can check the option to Autorun which will launch a tray agent as soon as the operating system boots up.
• Automount – This option enables all of the devices that you have previously mounted and makes them ready for use as soon as the system is started.
• Create New Virtual Drive to Mount/Mount to Existing Virtual Drive – These features let you decide whether you would like to create a new device every time a new image is mounted or if you prefer to re-mount drives that you have already created.
• Add Images to Catalog Automatically – This feature lets Daemon Tools Lite add all of the new image files and virtual hard disks you create to the collection.
• Send Anonymous Statistics – This feature allows the program to track how it is used. It is there so that developers can make improvements to the user interface based on how the features and functions are used as they develop new versions.
• Check for Updates Automatically – This feature lets the program connect to the developer’s servers periodically to determine if there is a newer version of Daemon Tools Lite available for use. Similarly, the Check Now option immediately connects to the servers to check for updates.
Other Daemon Tools Lite Preferences Tabs
• The Integration tab lets you pick the kinds of image files that you can use with the program. Choose “All” if you wish to associate all available types with the program. Choose “Unselect All” if you would like to block associations with any type of images.
• The Confirmations tab lets you determine if you would like to receive a confirmation message while using certain features of the program. If you check any of those options, the program will ask for a confirmation before allowing a user to perform that action.
• The Custom Folders tab lets you change up the default paths for the folders where the images you create are saved out. You can also determine different folders for different types of images here.
• The Connection tab allows you to adjust the settings for the proxy servers for receiving updates.
You need protection when downloading ISOs online. Take a look at The Best Antiviruses of 2016 for added security!